Probablly the most
bashed on country
in the world.
you should know:
1. Yes, we are aware
" can be used for anyone
living in North or South America. The term
"British" can be used for someone from Scottland, Ireland, or England. What else
do you want us to call ourselves, United-Statesians? Besides, I don't see you calling people from Brazil or Argentina or Cuba American
anyways. Why should we?
2. Yes, we are aware
our President shows serious signs of mental retardation. All goverments have their
3. We're not stupid. We don't go around speaking
at all other "American
countries thinking they stole the idea from us.
4. We're not all crazy extremists
or blind conservatives.
5. Your country probally
produces almost as much pollution as ours, and seeing as the US is about
3,718,695 cm2 (9,631,420 km2; gasp! an American
the metric system? unheard of!) large and has 302,431,000 citizens, we're not doing that
6. Celsuis- Farheniet, Meters- feet, Pounds- killograms. Gallons- liters. We use both you know.
7. We don't hate all Canadians, Brits, Cubans, and Japaneese people. We don't think all Muslims are terrorists. No matter what Bush
says, we most
definitely don't eat "freedom fries". We don't all support Iraq. We don't think Pakistan is in Africa.
8. Just because we can't trace our ancestors in America back for 329 years, it doesn't mean we love our country
9. Patrioism is never a bad thing. Even if you lived in the crappiest country
in the world, it's still your country
10. No, we don't think everyone in the world celbrates July Fourth with us.
11. We don't eat McDonald's everyday or drive five cars.
12. Not everyone speaks like their
from Texas. There are forty-nine other states you know.
13. We don't think we're better than you.
14. Lastly, half
the people that
bash us are allies with us. Our country
has relations in more than half
the world. Most
likely, we're best friends.