An all-purpose excuse that people use during a recession to justify doing things that are below their usual standard. Often these things in reality have little or nothing to do with the economic circumstances.
Harry: "You took your girlfriend to Applebee's on Valentine's Day? Pretty weak."
Larry: "Whatever man, I didn't have a choice. Bad economy."
Senator: "Mr. Paulson, you really want to give the greedy, soulless bankers who caused this mess $700 billion with no strings attached?"
Henry Paulson: "Hey guys, bad economy. Just do it."
Senator: "Good point. I vote yes."
Fred: "Dude, tell me you didn't go home with that broke down 300-pound whale I saw you with at O'Shea's last night."
Brendan: "Dude, it's a bad economy. I'll take what I can get."
Fred: "Yeah, I guess you have to."
A condition resulting from seeing the total price of a bunch of items and realizing the damage is much greater than you originally expected. May cause a person to have second thoughts about the purchase.
I wanted to book your mom for 7 days of her "services," but when I realized the total came to $21, I got major sticker shock and decided to bail out.
1) 95% alcohol (190 proof). This means
1 shot everclear = about 2 1/2 shots of most other hard liquors
2) Very flammable
3) Has a warning on the bottle that you should NOT drink it straight
4) Nobody really follows the above warning
5) When poured into a shot and consumed, will burn your throat like battery acid would
6) Mixes very well with juice, creating a potent potable called "jungle juice"
7) Most people generally underestimate its power and drink way too much, resulting in regurgitation of dinner and possible stomach-pumping
8) Is not legal in many states, or in some states only in it's 76.5% (153 proof) form
9) Generally about $15 a fifth, but think how much alcohol you're getting...
10) Everclear will not get that girl drunk to the point where you can hit it. It will get her drunk to the point where she'll puke like there's no tomorrow and probably pass out. Stick with regular liquor in this endeavor.
1 shot and you'll feel like you've been stabbed in the throat.
2 shots is the most you should ever give a girl that you have the intention of hooking up with in the next few hours.
3 shots will probably make you puke like never before if you're some dumb 14 year raiding your alcoholic dad's liquor cabinet.
4 shots will send you to the ER if you're the above person.
5 shots will probably kill the same dumb kid.
6 shots will get a 200 lb. guy pretty wasted.
7 shots will make him puke.
8 shots is my personal record. It resulted in serious loss of dinner and a very bad night and morning.
If you can break double digits, I'll either be really impressed or sending my regards to your family for the tragic loss.
A "dive" in which you hold your knees to your chest and hit the water with your fat ass with as much force as possible with the purpose of creating a gigantic splash, thus soaking everyone in the near vicinity.
That cannonball your mother just performed strangely reminded me of the movie "Deep Impact".